||Azaguno is a colorful and vibrant Multi-ethnic Ensemble,
which focuses on research, preservation, education and performance of
traditional African music and dance, African American music and dance
and other artistic expressions from the Caribbean and Latin America.
The ensemble also creates contemporary intercultural works in new theatrical
contexts that fuse the artistic and aesthetic cultural values and resources
representative of African experiences in world history. Through the
Drum, the Voice, the Dance and other visual art forms and paraphernalia,
Azaguno brings to the stage a unique African theatrical experience.
Azaguno, Inc operates as a 501(c)-(3) nonprofit organization. Members
are recruited and trained by the directors for the activities outlined
in our mission statement and programs.
* To learn and perform African music and dance as they occur in their authentic settings.
* To create new forms of African and African derived presentations in a new theatrical
* To create new curricula initiates for the teaching and learning of African and
African derived music and dance.
* To create opportunities for people all over theworld to experience the music and
dance of the African Diaspora
* To promote international programs of study in Africa, Caribbean, and Latin America
This site is maintained by Dr. Paschal Yao Younge.
All questions and comments should be directed by email
to email@example.com or